The needs are abundant! Time is short. Through social media and other conversations, we learn about the joys and struggles in the lives of our students and their friends.
Early in my years of ministry, I found a list by youth leader Dave Flowers to help discern who to contact. I’ve adapted it over the years.
Questions to Ponder
Consider these questions to help guide who to call, text, facebook message, DM or meet …
- Who is hurting right now?
- Who do you need to follow-up a conversation?
- Who accomplished something special this week?
- Who is struggling spiritually, emotionally?
- Who has a family member who is struggling?
- Who can you congratulate on their progress?
- Who have you not talked to in a long time?
- Who has asked for your time?
- Who needs to be confronted?
- Who needs to be challenged to move forward?
- Who needs to be encouraged?
- Who needs to know Jesus?
- Who is the Spirit placing on your heart?
The needs are indeed abundant. Who is the Lord prompting you to reach out to?
One More Thought to Ponder…
These questions actually apply to all of life.
Think through your family, friends, and neighbors … who can you help?